- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 lbs/1 kg), cut into quarters
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese (4 oz/125 g)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dry oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz/60 g)
Microwave cauliflower, covered, on HIGH 7 minutes. Place cauliflower on a paper towel; cool 5 minutes. Squeeze cauliflower dry. Place in small bowl. Stir in remaining crust ingredients; mix until combined.
Place parchment paper onto a cookie sheet. Firmly pat cauliflower mixture into a 12-in. (30-cm) round. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Spread sauce to within ½-in. (1-cm) of edges; top with cheese. Return to oven 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
To make cauliflower crackers, sprinkle with uncooked crust with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds and/or sunflower seeds before baking. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cut the cauliflower crust into rectangles.
It's important to squeeze all of the liquid from the cauliflower in order to get a crisp crust!