Summer Tortellini Salad
Serve this simple, colorful salad at your next outdoor gathering.
- 1 package (9 ounces) uncooked refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Meanwhile, slice zucchini using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade. Chop carrot using Food Chopper. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and slice green onions. Snip parsley using Professional Shears.
Add vegetables to tortellini. Pour salad dressing over salad. Grate Parmesan cheese over salad using Rotary Grater; mix gently. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- 6 servings of 1 cup
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 180, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber 3 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
2 starch (2 carb)
This recipe can be easily doubled. Use a 20-ounce package of uncooked refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini or a 19-ounce package of uncooked frozen cheese-filled tortellini.
When making pasta salads, it's a good idea to rinse the cooked pasta under cold running water to wash off the starch and keep the pasta from sticking together.
The cooking time for fresh pasta is shorter than for dried pasta, so follow the package directions carefully.