Florentine Pasta Toss
- 16 oz (450 g) uncooked fettuccini pasta
- 1 pkg (6 oz/175 g) fresh baby spinach leaves (7 cups/1.75 L)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 jar (16 oz or 435 mL) creamy Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated fresh Parmesan cheese and coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions in (8-qt./7.6-L) Stockpot; stir using Pasta Fork. Drain pasta and return to Stockpot; add spinach. Cover and keep warm.
Heat oil in (10-in./24-cm) Sauté Pan over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper, onion and pressed garlic to pan; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Transfer vegetables to Stockpot. Add Alfredo sauce to pasta mixture; mix well using Pasta Fork. Stir in cheese; mix well. Spoon pasta into large bowl. Garnish with additional cheese and black pepper, if desired.
- 8 servings of 1 cup (250 mL), excluding optional ingredients
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 350, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 500 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 12 g