Chimichurri is a green Argentinean sauce typically used on grilled meats. It also tastes great on roasted vegetables or veggie noodles.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 mL) each salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Add cilantro, parsley and garlic to the Manual Food Processor; process until coarsely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients; process until well blended, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)
4 servings of 2 tbsp/30 mL sauce
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 130, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 90 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g
If desired, you can substitute 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable or chicken broth for 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the olive oil. This will reduce calories and fat by approximately 50%.