Savory Potato & Onion Gratin
- 3/4 lb (350 g) red “B” size potatoes (about 4)
- 2 medium onions
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) seasoned croutons, finely crushed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh snipped parsley
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut each potato into six wedges. Cut each onion into six wedges; cut wedges in half. Place potatoes and onions in Small Baker.
Microwave cream cheese in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH, uncovered, 15-30 seconds or until softened. Add flour and thyme, whisk until smooth.
Slowly whisk in broth and milk. Pour sauce evenly over potatoes and onions; sprinkle with bacon. Cover baker with aluminum foil; bake 45 minutes.
Remove baker from oven to cooling rack; remove foil and top with cheese and crouton crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown.
Remove baker from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Top with parsley, just before serving.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 330 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 8 g