Quick Cooker Root Vegetable Mash
This mash is packed with flavor! It’s a fun and tasty way to get your kids to eat their veggies.
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) assorted root vegetables (carrots, parsnips, rutabaga, turnips, etc.), peeled and cut into 1" (2.5-cm) pieces
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ¼ cup (50 mL) half-and-half
- 8 small (4"/10-cm) fresh thyme sprigs
- ¼ cup (50 mL) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
Add the vegetables, broth, garlic, and salt to the inner pot of the Quick Cooker. Lock the lid and select the STEAM setting. Adjust the time to 8 minutes and press START.
Meanwhile, place the half-and-half and thyme into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Remove the thyme and set aside.
When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Press the steam-release button to manually release the pressure.
Combine the vegetables, half-and-half mixture, and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl and mash.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (½ cup/125 mL serving): Calories 120, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 550 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Fiber 6 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 3 g