Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Roasted garlic adds sweet flavor to these tasty mashed potatoes that are quick and easy with the Stand Mixer.
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 3 lb. (1.4 kg) Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾”-1” (2-2 ½ cm) pieces
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 stick (½ cup/ 125 mL) butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- ¼ cup (60 mL) heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a small sheet pan with foil and place the garlic cloves in the middle of the pan. Drizzle the oil over the garlic. Bring the corners of the foil together to form a “purse” and seal. Roast for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add your potatoes to large stock pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Add all of the ingredients to the Deluxe Stand Mixer. Select BEAT and adjust the time to 1 minute. Press START.
- Serve with extra thyme, if you’d like.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 590 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 1 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 1 g
Yukon Gold are the best choice for classic mashed potatoes. Their rich texture and subtle creaminess make them great for a rich and fluffy texture.
You can leave the skins on for a more rustic texture.