Asian Kale Salad
This quick and easy Asian-inspired kale salad is packed with bright and crunchy vegetables.
- 1 oz. (30 g) baby kale leaves (about 1–2 cups/250–500 mL)
- 4 oz. (125 g) red cabbage
- ½ seedless cucumber, cut in half (about 4 oz./125 g)
- 1 green onion (green part only), cut in half
- 5 baby carrots
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Basic Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) frozen thawed, shelled edamame
- Optional: ¼ cup (50 mL) chow mein noodles or sesame sticks
Add the salad ingredients to the colander of the Salad Cutting Bowl and rinse. Place the cutting platform on top of the colander and twist until the notches are aligned.
Flip the bowl over and use the Coated Chef’s Knife to cut along the slots. Gently lift the colander and turn it one quarter turn; slice again. Continue turning and slicing until produce reaches the desired size. Place the colander into the bowl.
Pour the basic vinaigrette and remaining dressing ingredients into the condiment container and shake until combined. Add dressing and toppings to the condiment container side of the cutting platform and place it on top of the bowl. Cover with the lid.
When you’re ready to eat, slide out the colander to pour the salad into the bowl. Add dressing and toppings.
- 1 servings of (3 cups/750 mL salad plus dressing)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 780 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugars 24 g, Protein 12 g