Ambrosia Pretzel Salad
Ambrosia meets strawberry pretzel salad, this dessert will be a showstopper all year round.
- Pretzel Crust
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 3 cups (750 mL) pretzels, finely crushed
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz. (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 can (20 oz./566 g) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) frozen thawed whipped topping
- ½ cup (125 mL) sweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Maraschino cherries, sliced in half and patted dry
- ¼ cup (60 mL) canned mandarin oranges, drained and cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine the pretzels, melted butter and sugar in the 8” x 8” (20 cm x 20 cm) Pan with Lid. Stir to coat.
- Firmly press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of the pan using your hand, the flat side of a meat tenderizer, or the bottom of a cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, sugar and pineapple in the bowl of the Deluxe Stand Mixer fitted with the scraper beater attachment and CREAM for 2 minutes and 50 seconds. Add in the whipped topping and MIX for 45 seconds. Place in refrigerator until crust is cool.
- After the crust has cooled, spread the pineapple mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with the coconut and top with cherries and oranges.
- Cover and refrigerate until cool, at least 3 hours. Cut into squares and serve.
- 9 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 410, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 17 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 330 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 32 g (includes 17 g added sugar), Protein 3 g
You can freeze and then let come to room temperature for a make ahead treat.
Looking for a bigger portion? To make a 9 x 13” version, simply double your recipe and chill an extra hour or so to chill through.
We love the flavor of the crust. For a fun topping, make the crust then crumble it up and top ice cream to add a sweet and salty crunch!