This is the basic recipe for making your own bubble waffles with the Waffle Puff Pan. Serve them with ice cream, or add your own fun ingredients for something even more creative.
- ¾ cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar
- ¼ cup (50 mL) milk
- ¼ cup (50 mL) water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter, melted
In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt; whisk to combine. Add egg, sugar, milk, water, and vanilla. Gradually whisk the ingredients until well combined, then whisk in the melted butter.
Spray each side with oil. Pre-heat Waffle Puff Pan on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add ¾ cup of waffle batter filling in all the bubbles. Flip the waffle maker over and cook for 2-4 minutes. Flip the waffle maker again and cook for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with Fork and let rest 1 minute to allow the bubble waffle to crisp. Then top with your favorite toppings.
- 2 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 waffle per serving): Calories 460, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 75 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 38 g, Protein 9
- The waffle will still be soft when it’s hot. As it cools it will crisp up and hold the shape you form it in.
- To make chocolate waffles, add 2 tbsp (30 mL) of cocoa powder.
- Add up to ¼ cup of your favorite mix-ins such as crushed cookies or cereal.
- If you're using the Batter Mixer & Dispenser, add the wet ingredients first, then the dry ingredients.
- You may make this recipe with gluten-free flour (cup for cup).