This classic quiche has a delicious, flaky pie crust with a bacon, egg, and cheese filling and is perfect for brunch.
- 1 pkg (15 oz/425 g) refrigerated pie crust (1 crust) or homemade pie dough
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- ¼ tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- ⅛ tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 4 oz (125 g) cheddar, Swiss or gruyere cheese, grated (1 cup/250 mL)
- Optional garnish: chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Press the pie dough into the Stone Pie Plate and pierce the bottom with a fork.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain the grease.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the bacon and grated cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the dough.
- Bake for 45–50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5–10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chives, if you’d like.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 36 g, Saturated Fat 18 g, Cholesterol 170 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 3 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 13 g
Great recipe for breakfast, brunch, or dinner! Serve with a side salad.