Pico de Gallo
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) grape tomatoes, divided
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Cut the onion quarter into chunks. Cut the jalapeño crosswise into thirds. Combine the onion, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and salt in Manual Food Processor; pump the handle until coarsely chopped.
- Add half of the tomatoes; pump the handle until coarsely chopped, removing the lid and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the remaining tomatoes; pump the handle to chop to your desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 2 1/2 cups/625 mL salsa
10 servings of 1/4 cup/50 mL salsa, excluding optional ingredient
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 10, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 1g, Protein 0 g
If salsa is watery from the tomatoes, simply drain in a small Stainless Mesh Colander to remove excess liquid prior to serving.