Pimiento Cheese Spread
This classic southern spread gets a healthy twist with greek yogurt and reduced fat cheddar cheese. Enjoy with your favorite fresh veggies or crackers!
- Basic Pimiento Cheese Spread
- 4 oz (125 g) reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 jar (4 oz/125 g) diced pimientos, drained (about 1/2 cup/125 mL)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- Assorted crackers or fresh-cut vegetables for serving
|Jalapeño Popper||1 Jalapeño pepper||Cut jalapeño crosswise into thirds; add to Manual Food Processor at same time as green onions; finely process.|
|Bacon Horseradish|| |
1/4 cup (50 mL) real bacon bits
2 tbsp (30 mL) prepared horseradish
|Add bacon and horseradish to Manual Food Processor at same time as yogurt.|
Cut green onion into 3-4 large chunks and place in Manual Food Processor; process until finely chopped. Add yogurt, drained pimientos and black pepper; process until combined.
Add half of the grated cheeses; process to combine, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Repeat with remaining grated cheeses. Carefully remove blade and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 16 servings of 2 tbsp/30 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Pimiento Cheese Spread and Jalapeño Popper Pimiento Cheese Spread:
Great to make ahead; store in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Scoop on top of a burger towards the end of grilling or even try as a spread for grilled cheese.