Grilled Loaded Nachos
Grilling these nachos adds a smokiness that deepens all the flavors.
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh corn kernels
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, coarsely chopped
- ½ red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 pkg (14 oz or 397 g) tortilla chips
- 2 pkg (8 oz/227 g each) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese (4 cups/1 L)
- 1 can (15 oz or 540 g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, diced avocado, or chopped fresh tomatoes (optional)
Preheat the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
Combine the vegetables and oil in a large bowl and toss to coat. Spread the vegetable mixture onto the Rockcrok® Grill Stone. Grill, covered, for 14–16 minutes without stirring, until lightly browned. Remove the stone from the grill. Transfer the vegetables to the same mixing bowl and set aside.
Layer half of the chips, cheese, black beans, and vegetable mixture onto the stone; repeat layering. Grill the nachos, covered, for 5–7 minutes or until the cheese is melted; remove the stone from the grill.
Sprinkle with cilantro and add toppings, if desired.
- 14 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 360, Total Fat 20g, Saturated Fat 8g, Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 500mg, Carbohydrate 35g, Fiber 4g, Protein 13g
If you don’t have fresh corn, you can use frozen kernels instead. Thaw 2 cups (500 mL) of frozen corn kernels and use as the recipe directs.