Garden Veggie Tortellini Salad
This easy-to-make veggie pasta salad will be a hit at summer picnics and parties.
- 1 pkg (12 oz/350 g each) dried cheese-filled tortellini
- ½ cup (125mL) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) GARDEN VEGETABLE DIP MIX
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- ½ seedless cucumber, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pkg (6 oz/175 g) crumbled feta cheese
- Optional: sliced black olives
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions.
Place 2 bell pepper quarters on top of one another and place them into the chute of the RAPID-PREP MANDOLINE with the tapered part facing the blade; slice on the No. 3 thickness. Fry cut the cucumber on No. 5 thickness.
- Add the peppers, cucumber, and tomatoes to the bowl with the dressing, and toss to coat.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain it in a colander under cold water; gently toss to cool the pasta. Shake the excess water from the pasta.
- Add the cooled pasta to the bowl along with the cheese and olives, if using. Gently toss to coat and combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- 8-10 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 440 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 4 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 8 g
Slicing the bell pepper thinly mellows the flavor, so it doesn’t outshine the other ingredients.