Fried Pickle Dip
If you love fried pickles (who doesn’t?) then you’ll love this dip. Tart pickles, cream cheese, and crispy fried onions combine for the perfect texture and flavor.
- ½ cup (125 mL) refrigerated dill pickle spears or chips, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried dill
- 1 pkg (8 oz./250 g) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pickle juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) crispy fried onions, plus additional for topping
- Dill Breadsticks
- 1 pkg (13.8 oz./391 g) refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried dill
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- Optional dippers: Crinkle-cut carrots, cucumbers, pretzel crisps
- For the breadsticks, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the pickles to the Flex+ Food Processor fitted with the multiuse blade. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the remaining dip ingredients and blend until combined, 30–40 seconds. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Unroll the pizza crust onto a cutting board. Cut into 8 slices widthwise, then in half.
- Microwave the butter until melted, about 30 seconds; add the dill and salt. Brush each piece of dough with the dill butter. Twist each piece of dough and brush the remaining dill butter over the top.
- Bake on a baking sheet until light golden brown, 14–16 minutes. To serve, sprinkle additional fried onions on the dip and serve with the dill breadsticks, or any other dippers you’d like.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 300 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 3 g (includes 2 g added sugar), Protein 3 g
We found that refrigerated pickles offer more flavor than other types, but you can use any variety you like.