Use & Care
- Adult supervision required.
- Let the vessel rest in the microwave for 1 minute before removing it. Steam will be in the vessel and the vessel will be hot so proceed with caution when removing the vessel from the microwave. Carefully open the lid away from your face and body.
- The intended use of this product is solely for preparing eggs in the manners listed below. Do not use this product to prepare hard-boiled eggs.
- Wash before using for the first time; dishwasher-safe.
- The silicone sleeve and lid gasket can be removed and cleaned separately. See illustration for proper lid gasket placement.
- Use with metal utensils may cause marring. To remove marring, use a non-bleach, all-purpose liquid or powdered cleanser that is safe for glazed surfaces in the kitchen. Follow the cleanser’s directions for use. Do not use abrasive cleaners.
USE AND CARE
- Always use with the silicone sleeve and lid gasket. The lid is intended to fit loosely: Do not tightly secure it on the vessel. See illustration for proper lid gasket placement.
- Heat-resistant to 450°F (230°C). Safe to use in conventional, convection, and microwave ovens. Do not use under the broiler or on a direct heat source.
- Aerosol nonstick spray is not recommended; it will create a sticky residue which is difficult to clean.
- Use with whole eggs, egg whites, or egg substitute products.
Microwave Egg Cooking Guide:
- For best results, follow the directions provided.
- This guide is based on timing with large eggs in a 1200 watt microwave. Less time may be needed for small or medium eggs, and more time may be needed for extra-large or jumbo-sized eggs.
- Microwaves can vary. Adjust cook times to work with your microwave.
- Because of variations in microwaves, the bottom of the eggs can remain uncooked. To prevent this from happening, stir the eggs as needed between cooking intervals.
- The lid may rise slightly as steam accumulates. This is normal and will not affect cooking.
- ADD 1–4 eggs to the Ceramic Egg Cooker. Stir them with a fork or whisk. Make sure the yolk is broken. Tip: If you’re using water or milk, use 1 tbsp (15 mL) of liquid per egg. If desired, add veggies or shredded cheese.
- COVER the Ceramic Egg Cooker. Place your finger over the vent hole and shake 10 or more times.
- MICROWAVE on HIGH per cooking guide below, or until the eggs are no longer wet on the bottom.
|Number of |
|1||30 seconds. Stir. Add 10-second intervals as needed, stirring after each interval.|
|2||1 minute; stir. Add 10-second intervals as needed, stirring after each interval.|
|3||1 minute 10 seconds; stir. Add 10-second intervals as needed, stirring after each interval.|
|4||1 minute 20 seconds; stir. Add 10-second intervals as needed, stirring after each interval.|
- Let the Ceramic Egg Cooker rest in the microwave for 1 minute before removing. REMOVE the Ceramic Egg Cooker from the microwave, holding the silicone sleeve.
- Do not lift the lid for 1 minute after it's done cooking. When removing the lid, always lift it away from you and do not look over the vessel.
- CRACK one egg into the Ceramic Egg Cooker. Pierce the yolk with a fork.
- POUR ⅓ cup (75 mL) of water into the Ceramic Egg Cooker.
- COVER the Ceramic Egg Cooker.
- MICROWAVE on HIGH for 35 seconds, or until the egg white is firm. Let the Ceramic Egg Cooker rest in the microwave for 1 minute before removing.
- GENTLY pour off the water using the lid to hold the egg inside.
Tip: For a firmer yolk, let the egg stand in the water for 20–30 seconds longer.
- When making over-easy eggs, only cook 1 egg at a time.
- ADD 1 large egg to the Ceramic Egg Cooker. Cover the Ceramic Egg Cooker and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Add 10-second intervals as needed. Let the Ceramic Egg Cooker rest in the microwave for 1 minute before removing.
Oatmeal: Best for instant oatmeal packets.
- EMPTY the contents of the packet into the Ceramic Egg Cooker.
- ADD up to ⅔ cup (150 mL) water or milk; stir.
- MICROWAVE, uncovered, on HIGH for 1–2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
Follow these directions for quick cooking oats and quick cooking steel cut oats to prevent boil overs when microwaving:
- Quick cooking oats: Combine ½ cup (125 mL) oats, ½ cup (125 mL) water or milk, and ¼ cup (50 mL) applesauce or mashed banana and microwave according to package instructions. It will be a thicker style oatmeal. Add water, milk, or non-dairy milk to reach desired consistency.
- Quick cooking steel cut oats: Combine ⅓ cup (75 mL) oats, ½ cup (125 mL) water or milk, ¼ cup (50 mL) applesauce or mashed banana, and microwave according to package instructions. Stir before eating.
- Always put the silicone sleeve onto the Ceramic Egg Cooker before cooking. Use an oven mitt to remove it from the microwave.
- Always wait 1 minute before removing the vessel from the microwave and remove the lid away from your body. Do not look over the vessel when removing the lid.
- Use caution when removing the lid, as it can become hot and may cause burns.
- The silicone sleeve and vessel can become hot and cause burns. The sleeve and vessel continue to heat upon standing.
- Protect surfaces with a trivet before setting the Ceramic Egg Cooker down.
- Avoid extreme temperature changes.
- Do not use if chipped or damaged. Vessel can break if bumped or dropped. If this occurs, use caution as broken pieces can be sharp and could cause injury.
- One-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt or website for details.
Made in ChinaGuarantee