Spiral & Slice Ribbon Salad
- 1 medium seedless cucumber
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 6 radishes
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
Spiral cucumber using Spiral & Slice onto a serving platter.
Cut off ends of bell pepper; cut into four equal pieces to separate from seeds. Cut pieces in half. Slice bell pepper using Spiral & Slice over cucumber on platter.
Slice carrot and radishes over bell pepper.
Spiral onion over center of salad.
Tear basil leaves and sprinkle over salad.
For dressing, whisk together vinegar, garlic, Dijon, sugar, salt and black pepper in a small mixing bowl. Slowly add oil while whisking. Drizzle dressing over salad.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 100, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1 g