Dilly Seafood Pasta Salad
Pack this chilled salad, featuring shrimp and pasta shells, for your next picnic at the beach.
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Dill Mix
- 2 cups (5 ounces) uncooked medium shell pasta
- 1 cup cucumber, scored and sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) shelled, deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For salad, cook pasta according to package directions in (4-qt.) Casserole; drain and rinse with cold water. Using Zester/Scorer, score down length of cucumber in evenly spaced rows around entire cucumber in evenly spaced rows around entire cucumber. Slice cucumber using Ultimate Mandoline. Chop bell pepper and carrot using Food Chopper. Slice green onions using Chef's Knife.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 275, Fat 20 g, Sodium 400 mg, Dietary Fiber 1 g
Use light mayonnaise and light sour cream and you'll save 75 calories and 9 grams of fat per serving.
Substitute 2 teaspoons dried dill weed for All-Purpose Dill Mix, if desired.
Chopped imitation crabmeat can be substituted for the cooked shrimp.
Salad can be made the day before serving. Cover tightly and refrigerate.