Fresh garden vegetables add seasonal freshness and flavor to a packaged cheesy pasta mix.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices (2/3 cup)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 packages (4.4-4.7 ounces each) egg noodles Alfredo or feuttccine Alfredo
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
In (4-qt.) Casserole, bring chicken, broth, water, milk and butter just to a boil. Stir in pasta and sauce mix; reduce heat to medium. Gently boil, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Stir in broccoli, bell pepper, carrots and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Return to a boil and continue cooking 2 minutes. (Sauce will be thin. Do not overcook.) Let stand 8 minutes for sauce to thicken.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 370, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 15 g, Sodium 1250 mg, Fiber 4 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
3 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat (3 carb)
This recipe starts with a convenient packaged mix of dried pasta and cheese sauce. You'll find this product among the many pasta and rice products in most grocery stores.
Get a jump start in preparing this recipe. Early in the day or the night before, cut vegetables, wrap securely and refrigerate so they're all ready when you begin the cooking.