Lasagna gets turned upside down! Bow tie pasta is placed on the bottom of the Rectangular Baker, and seasoned ground beef and ricotta cheese follow suit.
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds 95% lean ground beef or Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 container (32 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions in Executive (8-qt.) Stockpot; drain.
Meanwhile, chop onion using Food Chopper. Place onion and ground beef in (12-in.) Skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into small crumbles. Press garlic into beef mixture using Garlic Press. Stir in pasta sauce and tomatoes; remove from heat.
- To assemble lasagna, place cooked pasta into bottom of Rectangular Baker. Top with meat mixture. Spoon ricotta mixture over sauce; spread evenly. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until ricotta mixture is set and lightly browned.
- 15 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 340, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 25 g, Sodium 740 mg, Fiber 2 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 1/2 starch, 3 medium-fat meat (1 1/2 carb)
A combination of ground beef and Italian sausage links (casings removed), can be used in this recipe, if desired.
This recipe can be prepared one day in advance. Prepare recipe through Step 4; do not bake. Cover; refrigerate overnight. When ready to bake, remove from refrigerator; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour, 15 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are bubbly.