Teriyaki Salmon Salad
A thickened teriyaki basting sauce gives you a head start when preparing this simple Asian salad.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) teriyaki baste and glaze
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) peeled and finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 salmon fillets (4-6 oz/125-175 g each)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 can (11 oz/325 g) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 cups (750 mL) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) toasted sliced almonds
For dressing, combine baste and glaze, vinegar, oil and gingerroot in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl; set aside. Season salmon with salt and black pepper. Spray (10-in./24-cm) Skillet with canola oil using Kitchen Spritzer; heat over medium heat 1 to 3 minutes or until shimmering. Cook salmon 6-8 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork, carefully turning once. Remove from heat; set aside and cool slightly.
Slice bell pepper into thin strips. Using Julienne Peeler, cut carrot into julienne strips. In Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl, combine bell pepper, carrot, oranges, spinach and half of the dressing; toss gently. Divide salad evenly among serving plates; top with salmon. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 350, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 26 g, Sodium 700 mg, Fiber 4 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 1/2 fruit, 3 1/2 medium-fat meat (1 1/2 carb)