Sweet & Sour Shrimp with Noodles
Broken lasagna noodles and fresh basil give this speedy supper a Thai-inspired twist.
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 small onions
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 lb (450 g) medium uncooked shrimp (41-50 per pound), peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sweet & sour sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh basil leaves
Break noodles crosswise into narrow strips. Combine noodles, broth, water and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in Deep Covered Baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 14-16 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut onions lengthwise into wedges using Veggie Wedger and dice bell peppers using Santoku Knife. Combine shrimp and seasoning mix in Stainless (2-qt./2-L) Mixing Bowl; mix well. Add onions and peppers to baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Add shrimp and sauce to baker; stir. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until centers of shrimp are opaque. Carefully remove baker from microwave using Oven Mitts. Stir in pineapple and basil.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 260, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 22 g, Sodium 410 mg, Fiber 3 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 2 low-fat meat (2 1/2 carb)
If desired, 2 tsp (10 mL) grated fresh gingerroot, 1 tsp (5 mL) salt, 1 garlic clove, pressed and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cayenne pepper can be combined and substituted for the Asian Seasoning Mix.