Sautéed Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4-6 oz/125-175 g each)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess; set aside. Heat oil and butter in (8-in./20-cm) Sauté Pan over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until butter is foamy. Place chicken in pan; cook undisturbed 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn chicken over; place pan in oven and bake 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature reads 170°F (76°C) in thickest part of breast. Remove pan from oven with oven mitts. Remove chicken from Sauté Pan; tent with foil.
Holding handle with oven mitt, return pan to stovetop. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until shallot is fragrant. Add wine and simmer until liquid is reduced by half (about 1-2 minutes). Add cream and parsley; simmer an additional 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Season to taste with additional salt and black pepper. Slice chicken on a bias; serve with sauce.
- 2 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 300, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Protein 29 g, Sodium 390 mg, Fiber less than 1 g