Macadamia Cod with Nectarine Salsa
Cod fillets, encrusted in macadamia nuts and served with fruit salsa, spell elegance.
- 2 small firm, ripe nectarines, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced green onion tops
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1/2-1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Cod Fillets
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) paprika
- 2 cod fillets (6 oz/175 g each), about 1 1/2 in. (4 cm) thick
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). For salsa, combine nectarines, bell pepper, green onion, lime juice, jalapeño pepper and salt in Small Batter Bowl; mix well.
For cod fillets, chop macadamia nuts using Food Chopper. In (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl, combine nuts and paprika; mix well. Arrange fillets on Small Bar Pan. Carefully sprinkle nut mixture over tops of fillets, forming an even layer. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cod flakes easily with a fork. Remove fillets from oven; serve with salsa.
- 2 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 310, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 33 g, Sodium 410 mg, Fiber 5 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 fruit, 4 1/2 low-fat meat (1 carb)
Peaches or mangoes can be substituted for the nectarines, if desired.