Double Potato Scallop
Old-fashioned comfort foods never go out of style. Take these saucy potatoes with ham to your next potluck.
- 1 cup smoked ham, cubed (8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large unpeeled potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
Bake 50 minutes. Remove foil. Using Rotary Grater, grate croutons over potatoes. Return to oven. Continue baking, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 280, Fat 11 g, Sodium 1060 mg, Dietary Fiber 3 g
Use leftover ham, deli ham or a ham steak for this casserole. Even turkey ham is a fine choice.
Use the Vegetable Peeler to peel potatoes for this dish, if you prefer.
You'll find a big advantage to using stoneware is that it retains heat after baking. Our attractive Oval Baker, made of glazed stoneware, will keep these potatoes warm on the potluck table for a long time.