Chilled Seafood Salad
The fresh flavors of red bell pepper, chopped broccoli and crabmeat make a lively main dish salad. For larger crowds, this recipe can be easily doubled.
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 package (8 ounces) chunk- or flake-style imitation crabmeat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 packet (1 tablespoon) dry ranch seasoning mix
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
Combine mayonnaise and seasoning mix in large Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl; mix well. Add pasta, crabmeat, bell pepper, broccoli and onion; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. If desired, line medium serving bowl with lettuce; spoon salad into bowl.
- 6 servings of 1 cup
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 240, Total 14 g, Saturated FAt 2 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 780 mg, Fiber 1 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 fat (1 carb)
If desired, 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed solid white tuna, drained and flaked or 1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham can be substituted for the crabmeat.
For a creamier salad, simply add additional mayonnaise before serving.
Cut shapes from a red bell pepper using Creative Cutters for an attaractive garnish.