Cherry Balsamic Pork Stir-Fry Salad
Try this sensational stir-fry two different ways—over a cool, crisp salad or warm peppery orzo.
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 6 cups (1.5 L) loosely packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- Sauce & Pork
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) apple juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs (700 g) pork tenderloin, trimmed (see Cook’s Tip)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds, toasted (see Cook’s Tip)
For salad, slice strawberries with Egg Slicer Plus®. Slice cucumber and onion with Simple Slicer on #2 setting. Cut carrot into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Combine strawberries, cucumber, onion, carrot and spinach in Stainless (6-qt./6-L) Mixing Bowl; set aside.
For sauce, combine vinegar, juice and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in (2-cup/500-mL) Prep Bowl; whisk until well blended.
Slice pork lengthwise in half on Large Grooved Cutting Board; cut each half crosswise into 1/4-in. (6-mm) pieces. Sprinkle pork with salt and black pepper. Heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in (12-in./30-cm) Skillet over medium-high heat 1–3 minutes or until shimmering. Add pork to Skillet; cook 2–3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the sauce; cook 1–2 minutes or until sauce is hot, stirring constantly.
To serve, divide salad among serving plates; top with pork. Drizzle with remaining sauce and sprinkle with almonds.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 240, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 400 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 26 g