Caesar Pasta Salad
Great Caesar’s taste! This slimmed-down version has all the rich Caesar flavor, but with fewer calories and less fat. Serve it with crusty Italian bread or hard rolls.
- 3 cups (10 ounces) penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1 head (3/4 pound) romaine lettuce, shredded (6 cups)
- 1 small tomato, for garnish (optional)
Meanwhile, chop eggs, red onion and red bell pepper using Food Chopper. Grate Parmesan cheese with Rotary Grater. Snip parsley with Professional Shears. Add eggs, onion, pepper, Parmesan cheese and parsley to pasta in Batter Bowl. Pour salad dressing over pasta mixture; mix well.
Stack 3-4 lettuce leaves on top of each other; cut into thin shreds using Chef’s Knife. To serve, line Chillzanne® Bowl with lettuce. Spoon pasta salad in center of bowl. Garnish with tomato rose. Serve using Chef's Tongs.
- 6 servings of 1 1/4 cups pasta salad and 1 cup lettuce
Nutrients per serving:
Approximately 409 calories and 5 grams of fat
Toss cooked pasta with broth instead of butter to keep it from sticking together.
To enhance the flavor of pasta dishes, add a small amount of olive oil and toasted nuts, finely chopped with the Food Chopper, instead of cream or cheese sauces.