White Bean, Kale & Sausage Stew
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 8 oz (250 g) bulk hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 carrots (about 8 oz/250 g), peeled
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pkg (10.5 oz or 255 g) cherry tomatoes (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1 bunch kale (about 5 oz/150 g)
- 4 cups (1 L) unsalted chicken stock
- 1 can (15 oz or 540 mL) Great Northern or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 oz (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese
Heat ½ tbsp (7 mL) of the oil in the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven over medium heat for 3–5 minutes or until shimmering. Add the sausage. Cook for 6–8 minutes, using the Mix ‘N Chop to break the sausage into crumbles. When the sausage is no longer pink, drain and remove from the pot.
Use the Food Chopper to finely chop the carrots and onion.
Add the remaining oil, carrots, onion, tomatoes, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, and oregano. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4–6 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to burst.
Remove kale leaves using the Herb Stripper, and tear into bite-sized pieces.
Add the sausage, stock, beans, and kale to the Dutch oven. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook, uncovered, for 5–10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Use the Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater to grate the Parmesan. Remove the Dutch oven from the heat and garnish with cheese.
- 6 servings