Quick Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter (1/2 stick), cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 7 canned pineapple slices
- 7 maraschino cherries without stems
- 1 pkg (15.25-16.5 oz or 460 g) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
Arrange pineapple slices in pan; place cherries in centers of slices.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions in Classic Batter Bowl. Slowly pour batter over pineapple.
Microwave, covered, on HIGH 8-10 minutes or until center is firm and springs back when pressed.
Remove pan from microwave. Immediately invert cake onto Large Grooved Cutting Board or serving platter.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 330, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 310 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g
To prepare this recipe in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare recipe as directed in Steps 1, 2 and 3. Bake, uncovered, 28-30 minutes. Remove from oven and invert as directed in Step 5.