Chocolate-Peppermint Tuxedo Cups
- 1 cup (250 mL) white chocolate morsels
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 pkg (1.9 oz/54 g) frozen mini phyllo shells (15 shells), thawed
- 4 oz (125 g) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) peppermint extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
- 3 peppermint hard candies, unwrapped
Using Sauté Tongs, dip phyllo shells into melted chocolate, bottom-side down, making sure sides are evenly covered. Place shells upside down on pan; freeze 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in Small Batter Bowl, microwave cream cheese, uncovered, on HIGH 15-30 seconds or until very soft; whisk until smooth. Whisk in powdered sugar and extract until smooth.
Microwave semi-sweet chocolate morsels in second prep bowl, uncovered, on HIGH 45-60 seconds or until mostly melted, stirring once halfway through. Stir chocolate into cream cheese mixture using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Stir in whipped topping until smooth.
Place peppermint candies in small resealable plastic bag and coarsely crush with flat side of Meat Tenderizer.
Scoop chocolate mixture into Easy Accent® Decorator fitted with open star tip. Remove phyllo shells from freezer; pipe filling evenly into shells. Sprinkle with peppermint candies.
- 15 servings of 1 tuxedo cup
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 180, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 50 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2 g