Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding Cake
- canola oil for greasing casserole
- 1⅔ cups (400 mL) devil’s food cake mix
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) boiling water
- 3 pkg (1.5 oz/42 g each) classic peanut butter cups (6 peanut butter cups total)
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Brush the bottom and sides of the Rockcrok® Casserole with oil.
In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, water, and egg; mix well. Add the peanut butter; mix until well blended. Pour the batter into the casserole.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cocoa powder, and boiling water, stirring until blended. Carefully pour the mixture over the batter. Bake, uncovered, 30–35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Meanwhile, using the Food Chopper, coarsely chop the peanut butter cups. Remove the casserole from the oven to a cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle the chopped candy over the top of the cake. Let the cake stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 350 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
U.S. Diabetic Exchanges per serving: 2 Starch, 1 1/2 Fruit, 3 Fat (3 1/2 Carb)