Ooey Gooey Caramel Chocolate Dunk
Just about anything tastes great smothered in this warm caramel and chocolate dip. We've given you just a few ideas.
- 1 package (14 ounces/397 g) caramels (about 50)
- 1 can (5 ounces/150 g) evaporated milk
- ½ cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- ½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- Dippers (you choose!): fresh strawberries, apple or pear wedges, pretzels, cookies, or angel food or pound cake cubes
- Toppers: chopped peanuts (or your favorite chopped nut) or toasted coconut
Place the bowl in the microwave oven and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 3 minutes. Using the Silicone Oven Mitt Set, remove the bowl to a Hot Pad & Trivet and stir. Return the bowl to the microwave and continue microwaving 30 seconds–1 minute, or until the caramel is melted. Stir the mixture until smooth, but don't worry if there are a few small pieces of unmelted caramel.
Serve with your favorite dippers.
- 2 cups (500 mL)
16 servings of 2 tablespoons (10 mL) dip
Nutrients per serving:
Approximately 140 calories and 4 grams of fat