Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
Unlike traditional popcorn balls, you don’t need to boil sugar in this recipe—so these sweet treats are super quick to pop together!
- ½ cup (125 mL) popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 g) mini marshmallows
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- Add the popcorn kernels and oil to the Electric Pop & Stir. Place the lid on top, then select the POP setting and cook until the kernels have popped and there’s about 3 seconds between pops, about 5-8 minutes.
- Combine the butter, marshmallows, and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 1½–2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Add the popcorn (being careful not to add unpopped kernels) to the melted marshmallow mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- When the mixture is cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes, form the popcorn into 8–10 balls.
- 8-10 servings of 1 popcorn ball
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 120 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 20 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 1 g
Lightly oil your hands before forming the popcorn balls to keep it from sticking. Try adding some cereal, sprinkles, or a drop of food coloring to the marshmallow mixture to match a special holiday or event!