Lemon Dream Tart
This delicious, foolproof lemon tart is topped with an easy “meringue” that is simply heavenly.
- 1½ cups (375 mL) shortbread cookies (about 14)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, melted
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pkg (2.9 oz./90 g) lemon cook and serve pudding and pie filling (not instant)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 jar (7.5 oz/225 g) marshmallow creme
- 1 8-oz. (250-g) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). For the crust, place the shortbread cookies in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add the butter and pulse until moist. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of Tart Pan with Lid. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Zest entire lemon; set zest aside for garnish. Juice lemon to measure 3 tablespoons (45 mL) juice. In a small saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the lemon juice, water, sugar, egg yolks and pudding mix; whisk until well blended. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add butter and stir until melted. Cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour lemon mixture into crust; refrigerate 1 hour or until completely cool.
- In a large bowl, combine marshmallow creme and whipped topping; mix until well blended and smooth. Add remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice; mix until smooth and glossy. Spread whipped topping mixture over tart. Garnish with reserved lemon zest. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 260, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 130 mg, Fiber 0 g