Mile-High Turtle Pie
You will find this delicious ice cream pie, layered with caramel-chocolate sauce and toasted pecans, to be the tastiest way to serve ice cream to a crowd.
- 1 jar (12 oz/350 g) caramel ice cream topping
- 2 bars (1.55 oz/45 g each) milk chocolate candy, broken into small pieces
- 12 pecan shortbread cookies, finely crushed (1 1/4 cups crumbs)
- 3 tbsp (30 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) pecan halves, toasted, divided
- 1 container (48 oz/1.4 L) butter pecan ice cream, divided
- 1 container (48 oz/1.4 L) chocolate ice cream, divided
- In 1-qt Micro Cooker, combine ice cream topping and chocolate pieces. Microwave on HIGH 1-1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- Lightly spray inside of 9" (23-cm) Springform Pan with vegetable oil. Line sides of pan with 2-inch (5 cm) wide strips of parchment paper. Place cookies in resealable plastic food storage bag; crush into fine crumbs using Baker's Roller. Place butter in Small Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in crumbs. Firmly press crumb mixture onto bottom of pan. Place in freezer.
- Reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the toasted pecan halves for top. Coarsely chop remaining pecans using Food Chopper. Set aside.
- Using Ice Cream Scoop, scoop half of the butter pecan ice cream over crust, pressing into an even layer. Drizzle with one third of the caramel-chocolate sauce and half of the chopped pecans. Scoop half of the chocolate ice cream over first layer. Drizzle with half of the remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans. Scoop remaining butter pecan ice cream around edge of pie. Scoop remaining chocolate ice cream in center. Top with reserved pecan halves and drizzle with remaining sauce. Wrap loosely with aluminum foil; place in freezer. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Before serving, refrigerate dessert 30 minutes for easier slicing. Release collar from pan; carefully remove paper. Slice dessert into wedges.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 660, Total Fat 37 g, Saturated Fat 17 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Carbohydrate 73 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 260 mg, Fiber 2 g
To toast pecans, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread pecans in a single layer on a sheet pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant; cool completely.
This dessert can be made and frozen days in advance of serving.