Easy Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
It’s never been easier to make your own sweet summer memories!
- ¼ cup (50 mL) butter (½ stick)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk chocolate morsels
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar
- ¼ cup (50 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) flour
- ¼ cup (50 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups (750 mL) homemade or store-bought ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato, or sorbet
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Place the butter and chocolate morsels in the Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 30–60 seconds, or until melted.
Add the sugar and whisk to combine. Let the mixture cool for 2 minutes before adding the next ingredients.
- Add the yogurt, egg, vanilla, and salt, and whisk to combine. Add the flour and cocoa powder, and whisk until just incorporated.
Bake for 8–10 minutes directly on the center oven rack until the cookies are no longer wet and pull away from the edges slightly. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
To build the ice cream sandwiches, press the frame onto one tray of the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker. Scoop ½ cup (125 mL) of ice cream into each mold and spread evenly. Once all the wells are full, invert the other pan on top of the mold and securely attach. Freeze for at least 4 hours before releasing.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 sandwich): Calories 500, Total Fat 34 g, Saturated Fat 21 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Sodium 250 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 34 g, Protein 6 g