Taffy Apple Pizza (Gluten-Free)
Be amazed by this best-loved recipe that uses gluten-free cake mix to make a crisp cookie crust!
- 1 pkg (15 oz/425 g) Betty Crocker® Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) pure vanilla extract, divided
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Mrs. Richardson’s® Butterscotch Caramel Topping
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Brush Large Round Stone with Handles with vegetable oil. Combine cake mix, butter, egg and 1 tsp (5 mL) of the vanilla in Classic Batter Bowl until a coarse crumb mixture forms. Form dough into a ball and place in center of stone; flatten into a disc shape.
Sprinkle top of dough with gluten-free flour. Using Baker’s Roller®, roll dough to a 12-in. (30-cm) circle, sprinkling dough with flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Pat edges with fingertips to create a smooth edge. Bake 17-19 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove stone from oven; cool 5 minutes. Using Large Spreader, gently loosen cookie from stone. Cool cookie completely on stone (a minimum of 1 hour).
When ready to serve, mix cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and remaining ½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla until well blended. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie.
Core and peel apples. Cut apples in half crosswise; slice apple halves using Simple Slicer on #2 setting. Cut apple slices in half; arrange evenly over cream cheese mixture.
Place caramel topping in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until warm; drizzle over apples. Sprinkle peanuts over apples.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 310, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 Starch, 1 1/2 Fruit, 3 Fat (2 1/2 Carb)