Cookies ‘N Cream Sundae Trifle
Layers of creamy pudding with crushed cookies, fruit and whipped topping make for an easy-to-make and stunning treat!
- 4 bananas, peeled
- 1 lb.(450 g) strawberries, stems removed
- ½ lemon
- 1 pkg (8 oz or 225 g) mini chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 box (4.2 oz or 102 g) cookies ‘n creme or vanilla instant pudding & pie filling
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- 1 can (14 oz or 300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pkg (12 oz or 1 L) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chocolate flavor syrup
- Whipped cream, maraschino cherries, dry roasted peanuts, additional chocolate flavored syrup (optional)
Slice the bananas and strawberries with the Quick Slice. Place sliced fruits in separate bowls.
Juice the lemon with the Citrus Press. Toss 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the juice with the banana slices to prevent browning.
Finely process 10 of the cookies in the Manual Food Processor.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk. Fold in the whipped topping and chopped cookies.
To assemble, spoon half of the pudding mixture into the Trifle Bowl. Top with half each of cookies, bananas, and strawberries. Repeat layers.
Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and optional toppings
- 24 servings of 1/2 cup (125mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 200, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 80 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 24 g, Protein 2 g
The trifle can be made and refrigerated the night before serving.