Baked Waffle Sticks
These fun waffle sticks are easy to make and fun to dip.
- Oil for brushing
- ¾ cup (175 mL) flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Use the Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush to brush the Waffle Stick Pan with oil.
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
Distribute the batter evenly among the wells. Bake for 11–13 minutes, or until golden brown. Let the waffle sticks cool for 5 minutes before removing.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 370 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 4 g
To add fun flavor and texture to your waffle sticks, you can add:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) mini or regular semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1–2 tbsp (15–30 mL) fresh blueberries
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) cinnamon + sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) creamy peanut butter + 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey—microwaved for 30 seconds