Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed
- ½ cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) grape tomatoes, divided
- Tortilla chips (optional)
Cut the onion into quarters. Cut the jalapeño crosswise into thirds. Combine the onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in the Manual Food Processor and pump the handle until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
Add half of the tomatoes and again pump the handle until this mixture is coarsely chopped, removing the lid and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the remaining tomatoes; pump the handle to chop to desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
- about 2 ½ cups (625 mL) salsa
10 servings of ¼ cup (50 mL) salsa, excluding optional ingredient
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 10, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 120 mg, Fiber 1 g