Veggie Nacho Supreme
- 8 cups (2L) Tortilla chips
- 1 plum tomato
- 1 lime
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 8 oz (250 g) Montery Jack Cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pickled jalapeño rings
- 1 can (2.25 oz/ 64 g) black olives, sliced and drained (or 1/2 cup/ 125 mL)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cilantro
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, gaucamole
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Arrange the tortilla chips in a slightly overlapping layer on the White Large Round Stone.
Juice the lime with the Juicer and transfer to the batter bowl.
Cut the bell pepper and green onions into chunks and place in the Manual Food Processor . Finely process and transfer to the batter bowl and stir to combine.
Grate the cheese with the Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater.
Top the chips with half of the cheese, black beans and vegetable mixture. Top with the remaining cheese.
Bake 6-8 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Remove the stone from the oven. Top the nachos with chopped cilantro, pickled jalapeño rings and olives. Serve with optional toppings.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 190, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 6 g
These nachos are easily customizable and a great way to use what’s on hand in your fridge. Try with other veggies like corn, zucchini, or red onion.