Spicy Snack Mix
Perfect for game day parties, this snack mix has a spicy kick that's sure to satisfy!
- 3 cups (750 mL) bite-size crispy corn-rice cereal
- 3 cups (750 mL) bite-size cheddar cheese crackers
- 3 cups (750 mL) miniature pretzel twists
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole natural almonds
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each garlic powder and onion powder
Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C). Combine cereal, crackers, pretzels and almonds in Large Sheet Pan; set aside.
Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker® microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-11/2 minutes or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, hot sauce (optional), Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder. Pour evenly over ingredients in pan. Stir gently until well coated using Mix ‘N Scraper®.
Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool slightly. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- 9 cups/2.1 L total
18 servings of 1/2 cups/125 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 140, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 350 g, Fiber 0 g
For easy entertaining, make this snack mix the day before your party and store it in an airtight container at room temperature.