Hot & Cheesy Bruschetta Dip
Be ready in minutes with this gooey, cheesy, go-to party dip!
- 8 oz (250 g) part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz (250 g) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Herbs de Provence Seasoning Mix
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (from 17.3-oz/397-g pkg), thawed (see Cook’s Tip)
- Toasted Baguette Slices (see Cook’s Tip), assorted vegetables or crackers
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).Grate mozzarella using Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater.
Pump half of the tomatoes in Manual Food Processor 7–10 times or until coarsely chopped; add them to cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining tomatoes and stir them gently into cheese mixture.
Scrape cheese mixture into Round Covered Baker and microwave it, uncovered, on HIGH 1–2 minutes or just until cheese starts to melt; stir halfway through cooking.
Place pastry circle over dip, lightly brush it with some of the egg and top it with cutouts; lightly brush cutouts with egg. (Discard the rest of the egg.)
Bake, uncovered, 16–18 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Remove baker from oven. Serve dip with Toasted Baguette Slices, assorted vegetables or crackers.
- 24 servings of about 3 tbsp/45 mL dip
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 100, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 130 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 4 g
Puff pastry is easiest to work with when it’s cold. Thaw it in the refrigerator, and keep it chilled until you’re ready to use it.
Soft cheeses like mozzarella are easiest to shred when they’re very cold. Freeze it for 15 minutes before shredding.
To make Toasted Baguette Slices, preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place 24 thin slices of French bread on Large Round Stone with Handles. Lightly brush or spray the bread slices with olive oil. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the bread is lightly browned.