Using tortilla chips as a base helps this simple, smoky appetizer come together quickly.
- 24 authentic restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1 can (14 oz or 398 mL) artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 4 oz (125 g) Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 small plum tomato
- ½ cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro, divided
- ½ cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer on the Pizza Stone.
Combine the artichokes, half of the cheese, tomato, mayonnaise, half of the cilantro, bacon, and rub in large mixing bowl.
Divide the artichoke mixture evenly over the tortilla chips and sprinkle them with the remaining cheese.
Bake 9–11 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown. Sprinkle with remaining the cilantro. Serve immediately.
- 24 servings of 2 bites
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 170, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 460 mg, Fiber 1 g
To cook bacon, cut into 1/4-in. (6-mm) pieces and cook in (8-in./20-cm) Sauté Pan over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
If desired, 2 garlic cloves, pressed and 1 tsp (5 mL) coarsely ground black pepper can be substituted for the Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub.