Hot Artichoke Crabmeat Dip
Cozy up to the fireplace with family and friends and enjoy this restaurant-style dip at home.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Additional sliced green onions
- Baked Pita Chips
Using small Stainless Mesh Colander, drain artichokes. Chop artichokes and crabmeat using Food Chopper. Grate Parmesan cheese Rotary Grater. Slice green onions with Chef's Knife. Zest lemon with Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Add artichokes, crabmeat, Parmesan cheese, green onions, lemon zest and black pepper to batter bowl; mix well.
Spoon mixture into Deep Dish Baker. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Sprinkle with red bell pepper and additional green onions. Serve with Baked Pita Chips, if desired.
- 4 cups
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 200, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 480 mg, Fiber 1 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 vegetable, 1/2 meat, 3 fat
Any style of imitation crabmeat - chunk, flake or leg - can be used in this recipe.
Dip can be made up to a day in advance. To make ahead, spoon mixture into baker, cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve, remove baker from refrigerator while preheating oven. Bake, uncovered, as recipe directs.