- ½ small red onion, peeled
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ cup (50mL) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- ½ tsp (2mL) salt
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Using the Coated Utility Knife , cut onion into small chunks.
- Remove the stem from the jalapeño and cut in half lengthwise. Carefully remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut jalapeño into chunks.
- Add onion, jalapeño, garlic and cilantro to the Manual Food Processor bowl and process until finely chopped.
- Juice lime with the to measure 1½ tsp (22 mL) and add to the Manual Food Processor.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Partially insert a knife edge into the pit, rotate quarter-turn to release the pit. To remove the pit from knife, pinch pit at the top and carefully slide the pit off the blade. Use the Small Mix ‘N Scraper to scoop flesh out and transfer to the Manual Food Processor bowl.
- Add salt to the bowl. Process to desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
12 Servings servings of 2 tbsp (30 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
(2 tbsp/30 mL guacamole): Calories 45, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 95 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g