Roasted Red Pepper & Walnut Dip
This version of muhammara, a delicious Middle Eastern dip, is made with store-bought roasted red peppers for a quick, creamy dip that's a great alternative to hummus.
- 1 jar (16 oz./450 g) roasted red bell peppers, drained (1¼ cups/310 mL)
- 1½ cups (375 mL) cups (375 mL) shelled walnuts, roasted (see cook’s tip)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- Optional: grilled or raw vegetables, naan, pita bread, or crackers
Add the ingredients, in the order listed, to the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Replace and lock the lid. Turn the wheel to select the GRIND setting; press the wheel to start.
If the blades are still moving but not blending food, use the tamper to push the ingredients back into the blades.*
Serve with grilled or raw vegetables, naan, pita bread, or crackers.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (about 3 tbsp/45 mL): Calories 130, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 240 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 3 g, Protein 3 g
Roast the walnuts on a sheet pan for 10–12 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
You can also use the dip in place of pizza sauce for flatbreads.
* Only use the tamper provided with the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Do not force the tamper deeper into the pitcher. Only use the tamper when blending cold and liquid ingredients.