Air Fryer Chicken Wings
These wings have all the zing of the wings at your local sports bar—but without the sticky tables.
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) chicken wings
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- Oil for spritzing
- Hot Sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) hot sauce
Pat the wings dry with paper towels. Combine the wings, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the oil and toss to combine.
Spray the Deluxe Air Fryer cooking trays with oil and divide the wings evenly between both cooking trays. Position on the top and middle racks.
Turn the wheel to select the AIR FRY setting; press the wheel to select. Turn the wheel to adjust the time to 30 minutes. Press the wheel to start. Switch the trays halfway through cooking (you’ll hear beeps as a reminder).
- Meanwhile, combine the butter and hot sauce in a small saucepan and slowly melt the butter over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the timer is up, remove the wings from the air fryer. Toss the wings in the sauce or serve on the side.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 37 g, Saturated Fat 15 g, Cholesterol 210 mg, Sodium 850 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Fiber 0 g, Total Sugars 0 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 27 g
You don’t normally see baking powder in savory recipes. In this case, the baking powder creates little bubbles that make the skin crispy like it was deep fried. For extra-crispy skin, you can coat the wings with the baking powder mixture the day before. Store it, uncovered, in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook.